We aim to establish or promote:
- The coaching and training of bands, conductors and individuals.
- Band contests and solo/party competitions.
- Appropriate publications and periodical journals.
- Bands to represent New Zealand in this country and overseas.
We will encourage greater public acceptance of brass band music in New Zealand.
- We want to be recognised as the world’s best brass band administration.
- We want to develop and maintain a financially secure organisation that is known for excellence and innovation.
- We want to ensure a secure future for Brass bands in New Zealand at all levels.
- We want to improve our financial position.
- We will respond to the challenges of an increasingly digital world.
- We will seek to reverse the decline in the numbers of brass bands in this country.
Our culture is moulded by our beliefs, values and behaviours. It helps us achieve our vision and is the foundation for everything we do – from our relationships, to the decisions we make and the actions we take. We all contribute to achieving our future.
- Trust and Integrity
- Valuing People
- Working Together
- Innovating to make a difference
- To develop and support initiatives aimed at youth.
- To support the aims and objectives of the National Secondary School Band and National Youth Brass Band.
- To provide the structures, personnel and financial support for the two youth bands: National Secondary School Band and National Youth Brass Band.
- To continue to develop avenues available for interaction with individual members, bands and District Associations via the BBANZ website, magazine and the social media for dissemination of information.
- To continue Data Base development in order to facilitate ease of communication with individuals, groups, and bands.
- To maintain and develop sponsorship opportunities for BBANZ and Affiliated Bands and Members.
- To encourage donations, bequests, payroll giving to our Trust funds by advertisement, word of mouth, electronic means and other communication channels thereby building our investment base.
- To ensure, where possible, that the Secondary Schools, Youth and National Bands along with other activities is self-funded to the extent that losses are unlikely.
- That the National Management Committee (NMC) keeps costs to realistic levels.
- That the NMC keep up to date with alternative sources of funding and financial resources.
- To support the aims and objectives of the Educational Programme and the Director of Education.
- To keep abreast of developments in the field of music education.
- To provide assistance and guidance as required by local National Contest Committees.
- To regularly review/adapt/change National Contest events and regulations.
- To provide qualified judges for the A/B and C/D Grade band competitions.
- To develop opportunities for the National Band of New Zealand to perform on the world stage.
- To provide the administration and structures required for tours to take place and to meet the aims and objectives of the National Band of New Zealand.